Saturday, February 27, 2010

What a fun week!

Jason took this week off work and I have enjoyed MOST of the days. It's always hard to change your routine and having hubby home is a BIG change! I did like forcing him to run with me. We are both training for a 10 K in May and I'm a bit further along in the training schedule then he is. I ran 2.5 miles on Thursday! He ran with me on Friday and we got just over 2 miles! It is so exciting to see improvements. 6 weeks ago I could barely run a mile before wanting to fall over and die! Anyway, I'm ready to be back to normal this coming week.

To finish up the week we had a great weekend! Our friends Eric and Heather called Friday begging us to go with them to The Clay Pit, an Indian restaurant. (yes, they begged- we are very popular!) Jason has had Indian food before and was not especially thrilled about it. I've never had it, and was a bit more excited about trying out a new place. Well, IT WAS AWESOME!!! The food was wonderful and the service was great! We WILL be returning!
It was too early to go home, so we wandered around. We found ourselves in a book store looking at gag books. My favorite was the "Cake Wrecks" book. Heather and I had a good "pee your pants laugh" at several pages while our husbands pretended not to know us (I do feel sorry for them sometimes). We ended the evening with Cold Stone Ice cream, because we hadn't yet met our caloric intake for the day!
We had a great time! Thanks Heather, for forcing us to go!

Saturday started out with a basketball game. It was a family event really. My in-law's ward played my parent's ward. Nathan was on the team, Jason was a referee and my mom kept the book. Nathan's friends got a little mad at some of the calls. I found it humorous.
Saturday night we joined some friends at the church for a game night. We had a blast munching on goodies, talking and playing!

I really do feel lucky to have such great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment