It was a great meal! But it took awhile to get there!
Natalie, my sister, called me a few days ago with a plan. She would watch my kids on Saturday night while Jason and I went out if we would watch her kids Monday night. Sounded like a deal to me! We have 4 kids she has 3. She would be all alone watching them (her husband works nights) and my husband would be home with me Monday night when it was our turn. So we drop off the kids and start the adventure.
Well, okay it wasn't that much of an adventure. Basically anytime we go out to eat it is an "adventure". Neither one of us wants to "be the boss" and say where we would REALLY like to go. Jason usually lets me decide, I think he does it so he can blame me if it stinks. BUT tonight I thought I would let him decide! I REALLY wanted Thai. I've been on this Thai kick lately. And boy was I craving it tonight, so we started driving towards our favorite Thai place. And then the second guessing starts! I say I'm really fine with anything, he says so is he. But he doesn't really feel like Thai. humm....then why did you say you were fine with anything??? See a start of an argument here? Well, I said something along the lines of - I really want you to decide this time. Then I sat there.
We ended up at Dave's Famous Barbecue! I was NOT all that excited, but I tried not to let on to it.... after all I had told him I would be happy with whatever he chose. Well, it was AWESOME!!!
They did bring it out on a garbage can lid.... I wasn't so sure I liked that, but it was fun! And the ribs, chicken and brisket that we gorged ourselves on were AMAZING!!! And we didn't get all that messy! (is that okay?)
We finished off the night with some of the best bread pudding either of us had ever tasted! We didn't really NEED that bread pudding.... We are both still very full!
After dinner, we picked up the kids and hurried home to get baths and hair in curlers! Church starts at 9:30 tomorrow morning!
Aside from having to get the kids ready for bed it was a GREAT night with my man!
We love Dave's!! It's the best!! Glad you guys had fun, wish we were there to share the garbage can with you!
ReplyDelete